We use cookies.


This website uses cookies to increase its performance.

Is this OK?

  • Pass and permit applications
  • Pass and permit applications Header


    How to apply for a school bus pass or permit.

  • From this page you can download and complete applications for school passes, appeal forms. If you need to renew an existing secondary school bus pass please complete the online form.


    If you're not sure which pass you need, look up your specific school in our Schools A-Z list.


    Free school travel

    If you qualify, or think you may qualify, for free travel you need to contact your Local Authority (LA). Please don't fill in the application forms on this page.


    Primary School application form (valid for any school year)

    Primary School pupils can fill in the online mybus application form. This form is for Mybus routes only. See the A-Z school finder to check if your school is served by a Mybus.


    Applications must be received by 10.00am on Thursday morning in order for your application to be processed in time to start travelling the following week. Applications received after this time will be held over until the week after.


    Certain services may be at full capacity and we may be unable to offer your child a place straightaway. However any applications will be kept on file and we will contact applicants when places become available. At present we are unable to offer any more places on the P93 and S20 services. Other services that are regularly very busy are K71, P23, P35 and P78. Please note that applications for all of these services may not always be successful.


    Secondary School application form

    The secondary school application form for the academic year 2017-18 is now available. Use this form to apply for a Priority Photocard, which entitles the holder to a place on a school bus. Some school bus services require all passengers to hold a Priority Photocard and some do not.  If you're unsure whether a Priority Photocard is required on the service your child will be using, you can check by looking in the individual school pages.


    If you wish to apply for the current academic year please complete the secondary school application form for the academic year 2016-17



    Where to send your form

    Completed application forms, with a passport photograph, should be sent to:


    Education Transport

    Wellington House

    40-50 Wellington Street


    LS1 2DE


    How to appeal an unsuccessful application

    If you have been unsuccessful in your application or if you feel you have been allocated an incorrect service, you can download the School Transport Appeal Form. This form is to be used for applications for the 2016/17 school year.


    What to do if you no longer use the service 

    If for any reason your child no longer needs to use the school bus service during the academic year, please let Education Transport know either by calling 0113 348 1122 or using the 'Contact Us' link at the top of the page. It is important that you do this as we may be able to offer places on the bus service to other children who are waiting for places. If your child has a pass for a school bus service that he/she no longer needs, we would ask that you return this to us by post (address above - see 'Where to send your form').


    Code of conduct

    Please be aware that when you sign up for a place on a school service that you also accept Metro's Code of Conduct.